Join the GMED team today and work on the frontier of Medical Device Innovation!
Location(s): North Bethesda, MD
Contract Type: Perm Full-Time
Fields: Medical Device, In Vitro Diagnostics – Healthcare
GMED North America is the US subsidiary of GMED, a leading Certification Organization, a distinguished Notified Body (CE0459) whose scope covers all of the existing European Medical Device Directives (90/385/EEC, 93/42/EEC and 98/79/EC) and an Auditing Organization Recognized by the MDSAP Regulatory Authority Council. We serve the Medical Device Industry with offices in Europe and the United States. Our goal: Provide the best in Product Certification and Quality Management Services for Medical Device Manufacturers worldwide.
We currently have a position to fulfill in our dynamic Business Development and Marketing Department. The position of Digital Content Associate will report directly to the Business Development and Marketing Director and work closely with our HQ Marketing and communication Manager.
The strategic & creative Digital Content Associate is a key member of the dynamic marketing team. You will work closely with the certification, marketing, operations, and business development teams to scale a measurable content strategy that reaches our target prospects and customers.
The Digital Content Associate will manage the production, publishing and performance of sponsored content on our WordPress site. The role requires juggling several hats: Project Manager, Editor, WordPress publishing specialist, Problem Solver, Front End WordPress developer, and graphic designer.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manages the content production calendar defined by the Editorial Board and workflow.
- Manages specific local contents
- Plans content creation for newsletters, flash news, posts, targeted nurture campaigns, guides, press releases, and more.
- Manages interweaved organic social, email campaigns, and event marketing initiatives.
- Ensures internal review procedure is systematically applied to all content before publication.
- Publishes content to our sites using WordPress and InDesign content management system.
- Construct an SEO-friendly optimization framework for all content that ensures quality and broad appeal, identifying ways to improve content performance
- Stylizes content to allow for positive user experiences
- Does front end WordPress development work when needed
- Measures, analyzes and reports Key Performance Indicators via the CMS and Google Analytics.
- Measures and reports on content marketing’s impact on key cross-departmental performance goal.
- Improves operational efficiency and effectiveness
- Works closely with the interested parties to create a consistent and clear message that positions organization as a market leader.
- 2+ years of Content Management experience
- Preferably 2+ years of web development experience
- Excellent WordPress technical skills
- Experience with design software, i.e. Photoshop, InDesign and Canva a big plus
- Knowledge with core SEO and web analytics concepts is essential
- Experience developing email content within automation systems like Mailchimp is key.
- Hands-on, autodidactic marketer with great project management skills
- Communicate effectively and concisely through email and conversation
- Able to self-manage time and work schedule.
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced, digital-first environment.
- Able to work well under pressure, particularly when facing a deadline.
- Knowledge of and ability to leverage social media to market company products and services is essential.
- Ability to work independently with little supervision.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills.
- Understanding of spoken/written French language would be a plus
Our Values & Culture
GMED North America, Inc. strives to the highest standards to offer professionalism, competency, work ethic, and impeccable customer service to its clients and future clients. We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offer excellent benefits package including:
- a group-sponsored health, dental and vision coverage,
- a short-term and long-term disability,
- a company-matched 401k plan,
- a company paid life insurance,
- paid holidays
- a time off program providing our employees with great work-life balance.
We look forward to meeting you!